“Activated charcoal means the carbon is infused with oxygen and is prepared for… skincare products. This oxygenation creates a super porous surface, increasing its ability to absorb matter and toxins. Possibly the most absorbent cosmetic ingredient out there, activated charcoal is said to have the ability to absorb thousands of times its own weight.This super absorbency, plus antibacterial properties, makes activated charcoal an ideal ingredient for oily and acne prone skin types. It is used in acne products to draw out impurities, heal pimples, and prevent further breakouts.Also an anti-aging ingredient, activated charcoal is said to tighten pores and smooth the skin. It also reduces inflammation, which is significant in preventing premature aging. Proponents claim it decongests the skin and calms irritation, leaving behind a clear, even toned complexion.”
****This Giveaway is closed! Congratulations to Rachel Marquez!!****
I’ve decided that I’m celebrating my one year blogaversary until the end of the year. In a strange turn of events, I want to give someone else a gift to celebrate this milestone achievement. Haha! Well maybe not so strange. I’d like to think I’m a generous person. In any event, keep reading to find out how to enter!
Super complicated giveaways that involve a million different people overwhelm me. So to keep this simple, I’ve curated a box of things that I’m currently enjoying to gift to one of my loyal subscribers. I’m actually giving away two boxes, so if you follow me on social media (Instagram, Twitter or Facebook) be on the lookout for another giveaway soon! How crazy would that be if you won both?! Stranger things have happened right?
The box that I’m gifting includes all the items you see above. Like I mentioned, these are all things that I’m currently using and have grown an affection for. Let’s talk a little more about each item and why I enjoy it.
I’m currently obsessed with JBCO. There are so many ways that you can use it, the possibilities seem endless. This oil is good for hair and skin. The most intriguing thing I’ve learned about JBCO is that it can be beneficial in growing your eyebrows. Who would have ever though to slather oil on your brows to give them a fuller, thicker appearance over time. I mean, what can’t this oil do? Word of caution other naturals out there (I didn’t realize this until recently), JBCO better serves as a sealant as opposed to a moisturizer. It cannot penetrate the hair shaft (there’s one thing it can’t do). It can, however, seal in your moisturizing oils such as coconut oil or olive oil and give her locks a more lustrous sheen.
This little sponge is quite fascinating. I appreciate the lather that it creates in addition to the added benefits of the charcoal. Since my skin is oily and acne prone, I’ve been using this sponge in conjunction with my regular face wash. The package indicates that it can also be used without additional products. An article on ecosalon.com says this about activated charcoal (read the entire article here):
- Increased circulation which could possibly reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Helps with shedding skin cells (and encourages new cell renewal), which results in smoother and brighter skin. It can also help reduced ingrown hairs.
- Improved vascular blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. By releasing toxins, it encourages the body’s discharge of metabolic wastes so the body is able to run more effectively.
- Rejuvenation of the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin
- Helps with muscle tone and gives you a more even distribution of fat deposits.
- Helps your skin to absorb nutrients by eliminating clogged pores (Read the full article here).
Thank me later.
How to Enter
Now for the moment we’ve been waiting for! How to enter this awesome, amazing, wonderful, splendid giveaway! I know I’m pushing it, but I’m excited! So all you have to do is:
- Be subscribed to my blog. If you’re not already, subscribe below.
- Subscribe to my email list ( I promise not to spam you :-). You can do that here.
- For a BONUS entry, follow me on social media! (Instagram , Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter). Each follow counts as an additional entry!
That’s it! Good luck! I’ll announce the winner here on 11/27/18! (This giveaway is only open to U.S. residents.)
As always, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, talk to me! If you like what you see, subscribe!